Employment at TBMA:
Tampa Bay Music Academy is a dream come true for music educators looking to make a living doing what they love to do! We offer a unique approach to the music school business that is a significantly better model for our teachers.
In our experience, we have found that most other music schools will make life difficult for their teaching staff in one or all of the following ways:
- Cap the tuition amount
- Enforce a non compete policy (teacher cannot teach in other locations)
- Charge a studio fee per lesson
- Pay the teacher only a percentage of the tuition collected by the school
- Require the teacher to drive to student’s homes (gas money, wear and tear on vehicle, loss of time)
- Charge building usage fees for events like recitals.
The list of hindrances above makes it difficult for professional musicians to ever make a living from teaching. At Tampa Bay Music Academy our approach is very different. We have a unique, innovative business model that is an ideal scenario for the faculty member. Contact us today to apply for the positions below.
We are currently accepting applications for the following part-time faculty positions (afternoon/evening teaching hours):
1) Piano Teacher
3) Cello Teacher
2) Guitar Teacher
Tampa Bay Music Academy is always interested in meeting qualified part-time faculty in all areas of the performing arts. Our selection process includes an in person interview, a brief performance/audition (or recording of same) and a brief demonstration of teaching technique. Successful candidates will possess the following qualifications:
-BA (or higher) degree in Arts, Education, Community Arts or a combination of education and experience,
– In depth knowledge and expertise in a specific arts discipline.
-Minimum 3 years experience as a teaching artist or the equivalent classroom and performance experience or have been a professional artist working in field of expertise within the last 5 years.
– Must possess knowledge and practice of effective studio/classroom management strategies to maintain a safe and professional learning environment.
– Ability to instruct different styles of learning to meet the needs of all students.
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
– Ability to work collaboratively.
Interested parties may send their resume to: